Here’s this week’s compendium. This week…
1. Treehugger pointed to new data favourably comparing the yield from organic agriculture with that from non-organic agriculture . The former’s bigger in a drought.
2. still talking organics, I liked an old Nutrition Diva piece titled Are Organic Foods Worth the Cost? . Very sensible.
3. still talking eating, recent research confirms that a little dirt’s a good thing – because colonisation with a variety of microbes from early childhood appears important for balanced immunologic development . Yep.
4. Meander Valley Radio, a community station, began broadcasting . Also its home page has a link for internet streaming.
5. a US study showed best-performing nursing homes are sued only marginally less than worst-performing ones . Which, interestingly, demonstrates that litigation doesn’t occur rationally.
7. I learnt what an aptronym is . Did you know of this word – before now?
8. I read of how to hack any elevator to go direct to your floor without stopping . Worth knowing.
Finally, I wish you, dear Farmdoc’s Blog readers, a wonderful week.