Here’s this week’s compendium. This week…
2. I read a treehugger article saying kids can thrive on a vegetarian diet; but parents must be mindful of certain pitfalls .
3. and I read another treehugger piece concluding that girls who walked or biked to school performed better in verbal and math skills than those who came by bus or car . Interesting. Especially as this association was not present in boys.
4. the Queensland floods were devastating. These photographs show how devastating .
5. my obsessional typist completed the third year of keeping stats on the commonest letter my patients’ surnames end in. N has won each year. And S came second.
6. a single dose of oral Ivermectin was shown to be very effective against head lice . It’s safe too. And resistance isn’t a concern.
7. I read of an article in the American Journal of Human Nutrition, which reviewed 17 prospective research studies and concluded that regularly consuming regular or low fat milk and other dairy products doesn’t increase the risk of cardiovascular disease . Indeed these studies showed a protective effect.
8. indeed today, is Sweetheart Vivienne’s birthday . And I get to spend the whole 24 hours with her. How blessed am I.
Finally, I wish you, dear Farmdoc’s Blog readers, a wonderful week.