Here’s this week’s compendium – belated and short, as being in Victoria’s thrown my schedule out of whack. This week…
1. actor Charlie Sheen (whether he’s Jewish or not) [1a] and Christian Dior head designer John Galliano [1b] added themselves to my list of anti-Semitic racist bigots. They joined notable luminaries Mikis Theodorakis [1c] and Mel Gibson [1d]. And also 23% of Australians [1e].
2. Alan Krinsky explained why ‘Much-maligned Israel still the pick of the Middle East . I suppose it never hurts to state the bleeding obvious.
3. Bernie Ecclestone suggested artificial rain to liven up Formula 1 ‘races’ . Hard to tell if the little man said it with his little tongue in his little cheek. Or not.
5. Pope Benedict XVI declared that Jews bear no collective responsibility for Jesus’s death . Great news. Now I’ll be able to sleep better at night.
6. in the MJA, high profile nutritionist Rosemary Stanton wrote [6a] that doctors need to exercise caution when recommending products bearing the Heart Foundation’s tick [6b]. As do consumers browsing supermarket shelves. Is the Foundation sacrificing ethics for commercial gain?
Finally, I wish you, dear Farmdoc’s Blog readers, a wonderful week.