Here’s this week’s compendium. This week…
2. Michael Danby, Federal MP for Melbourne Ports (which includes Albert Park) spoke in parliament against the Grand Prix . Good on you, Michael.
3. I read in treehugger that in the US solar-powered homes sell twice as quickly at a higher price than equivalent grid-powered homes . Here’s hoping it’s so here too.
4. JAMA reported that mobile phone use changes the metabolism in the part of the brain closest to the phone’s antenna . The clinical significance of this remains unclear.
5. further to my 24 January post [5a] the government said the axing of limited practice rights for retired doctors was ‘to protect public health and safety’ [5b]. Let’s see the evidence, then, policy czars.
6. 31 of the 33 Chilean miners rescued from a collapsed mine last October landed in Israel on Wednesday for a week-long visit . I wish them an enjoyable time.
7. the Internal Medicine Journal published Tasmanian research showing knee arthritis severity’s closely correlated with the severity of x-ray changes, and independently with pain severity . Odd that this had never been shown before.
Finally, I wish you, dear Farmdoc’s Blog readers, a wonderful week.