Friday, January 14, 2011

List: 'Movies Bruce Willis wishes he never made'

Today’s ‘List Friday’. Bruce Willis (pictured) [1]. I’ve cited him in two prior Farmdoc’s Blog posts [2, 3]. At one stage I thought he’d play me in the film of my life. But later I changed my mind (to Ed Harris). The now 55-year-old Willis has appeared in lots of films and TV shows since his screen debut in 1980 at age 25. IMDb puts the number at 80. I don’t know how many I’ve seen. Under 25%, I’d reckon. I’m ambivalent toward him as an actor. He’s entertaining. That’s for sure. Both in his tough-guy roles and the others. But I doubt he’ll be remembered as one of the great actors of his generation. As I’ve never met Bruce, I’ve no first-hand knowledge of him as a person. Today’s list, from the Age last 21 October, sheds some light on the matter. Titled ‘Movies Bruce Willis wishes he never made’, it says ‘Bruce Willis wishes he’d never made ‘about a dozen’ of his films’ [4]. This article puts the denominator at 50, which means he regrets 25% of his roles. How fascinating he’s so introspective. And self critical. I’m impressed. But not enough for him to be restored to play me in my film. At least not yet. But I haven’t discarded him from all consideration for the role. I’m keeping the matter under review. In the meantime I look forward to seeing him in Red [5] with Dame Helen Mirren, Mary-Louise Parker and Morgan Freeman. Ho hum.

No comments: