Here’s this week’s compendium. This week…
1. search engines Bing and yahoo!7 listed their top searches for 2010 . Banal. Who’s Kim Kardashian?
2. Australia’s top-rating TV programs for 2010 were announced . Banal.
4. gizmodo ran a fine piece on ‘Why Batteries Die’ . Oh.
5. I read about a functional object . It’s beautiful too. I want one.
6. after last Saturday’s Victorian election, activist Stephen Mayne’s likely to hold the Upper House balance of power . With 1.06% of the primary vote! Good on him.
7. a fellow grumpy old doctor lamented the use of nouns as verbs . I do too.
8. I saw an item about high salt levels in bought bread . So bake your own.
9. I read that organically managed cows emit much less methane . Look at all the other benefits, too.
10. I saw that from 1951 to 2009 Hobart’s MS incidence doubled . The authors haven’t considered MRI scanning greatly improves MS diagnostic accuracy.
11. a report says the best diet for keeping weight off is a high protein/low GI one . Interesting.
12. I loved this item about the ultimate clothes peg . Good on you, EcoForce.
Finally, I wish you, dear Farmdoc’s Blog readers, a wonderful week.