Friday, December 3, 2010

List: '10 terrific iPhone and iPad musical performances’

Today’s ‘List Friday’. Decades ago, Sweetheart Vivienne and I knew a then young couple who bragged they had to wed each other as their fathers both owned Rolls Royces. Fair dinkum. No joke. If you reckon that’s no basis for a marriage, you’d be right. They’re divorced. But it took 30+ years to get there. In 16 days time, Sweetheart Vivienne and I will have been married for 43 years. I can’t identify all the reasons for our marriage’s longevity. But one important one is that in key ways we’re different. Even opposites. That’s an asset because we complement each other. Her strengths are my weaknesses. And vice versa. But you can be sure one fact that’s played no part in our long marriage is that she owns an iPhone and I an iPod touch. These gizmos suit our different needs well. But both are beautiful, user friendly, fast, and ultra-portable. It’s amazing what Apple’s packed into their small cases. I could say ‘everything but the kitchen sink’. But that’d be exaggerating. Though try a bunch of musical instruments. Today’s list, from last Friday’s Age, is ‘10 terrific iPhone and iPad musical performances’ [1]. I’m pleased that, despite the list’s title, some iPod Touches are included. My fave? They’re all astounding. Remarkable. But I’ll go for Lang Lang [pictured] playing an iPad Flight of the Bumblebee [2]. I’m not saying you can’t make just as awesome music with a Rolls Royce or two. However I’ll reserve my judgement until I hear it. Ho hum.

1 comment:

Chris Burrows said...

Lang Lang is without doubt totally awesome!
Sharing thoughts and ideas are great in a marriage, having different skills is also awesome,I'd have to eat everything raw without Sel.