Here’s this week’s compendium. This week…
2. a survey found the break-even point for financial planners producing a full financial plan was $2,700; but clients thought a reasonable fee for the same service was $300 . Ho hum.
4. there was an official change in Alzheimer’s terminology . Hope it’ll be useful – and not just a shuffle of the dementia deckchairs.
5. a randomised controlled trial of people with mild-to-moderate Alzheimer’s showed that omega-3 supplements had no effect on disease progression . What this means for Alzheimer’s prevention’s unclear.
6. Sweetheart Vivienne alerted me to this NYT essay about the benefit of sisters . I love mine.
7. I came across a useful Australian website about reducing one’s carbon footprint . We can’t wait for governments to act.
8. our house guest Dieter hugged a small wallaby . Not many overseas visitors get to do that.Finally, I wish you, dear Farmdoc’s Blog readers, a wonderful week.