Monday, August 3, 2009

farmdoc's blog post number 470

Unequivocally, invariably and clearly, the greatest joy in my life is Sweetheart Vivienne. Coming second, is our four wonderful daughters. Of the four, Meg is the most internet savvy. I don’t think her sisters would disagree. How Meg finds what she finds on the internet continually amazes me. It’s astounding what she comes up with, as readers of her blog well know and appreciate. I’m extra lucky, because she sends me links and snippets she knows will interest me. Sometimes I think she knows me better than I know myself. Last Friday she sent me this link. It plays to my love of lists, to me being a dad who’s at a life stage where there’s a fair bit of reflection happening, and to me doing my best in this modern age but increasingly feeling like a sheep man in cattle country. For example I’ve owned a mobile phone since March, and I’ve made only one call to a stored number. So it’s comforting to know there’s lots of stuff I know that my children don’t. And never will. Geekdad is fun – even though I have absolutely no idea what ‘Geek Generation 2.0’ is. But at least I know what a geek is (and that I’m not one). That ‘Geek Generation 2.0’ follows ‘Geek Generation 1.0’. And that I’m lucky to be the father, and friend, and link recipient, of my darling Meg.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Thanks Dad!

In my dotcom office days, instead of saying, 'Can you please send me the link?', we used to say, 'Hurl me the url', as in URL. Now I know how happy you are to receive my links, I'll keep 'hurling 'em. xx

Meg said...

Enough lists here to make your head burst.