Wednesday, July 1, 2009

farmdoc's blog post number 437

A sheltered life. I’ve led one. But now I must thank my darling granddaughters for, bit by bit, removing the shelter and exposing me to some aspects of the modern world that, had it not been for them, would’ve passed me well and truly by. For example Hannah Montana. I won’t say I know much about her, but I’m pretty confident I know more than do most 62-year-olds. Which is cause for celebration. Next, though I’ve had PowerPoint on my computers since 1999, in the 10 years since then I’ve never opened the program. Not even once. So last weekend, oh so naturally, darling Indigo gave me a PowerPoint lesson. She’s mastered it like she’s been doing it all her (8¾ year) life. Next, my darling granddaughters, at least the oldest two, have begun to select the DVDs they think I should watch. Last Saturday evening it was Bedtime Stories which they thought I’d like. I did. Very much. And watching it with them made it even better. Finally, last Sunday evening, darling Meg (pictured) told me that earlier she and darling Indigo and darling Zephyr had fun by making prank phone calls. I said to Meg she was leading my grandchildren astray. As quick as a flash she replied: ‘Guess who led me astray?’ Come to think of it, perhaps my life hasn’t been as sheltered as I thought. But now it’s much less sheltered, thanks to my darling children and grandchildren.

No comments: