Tuesday, June 2, 2009

farmdoc's blog post number 408

When I did matriculation in 1963, I took General Mathematics (which I saw as practical and useful) rather than Pure Mathematics (which to me was abstract and abstruse). So I didn’t study chaos theory then. And I’ve remained ignorant about it ever since. Though I know nothing of chaos theory, I’m an expert in chaos practice. At least I have been since last Friday afternoon when darlings Kate, Brendon, Indigo, Jarrah and Pepper arrived for a 5-day stay in Mole Creek with Sweetheart Vivienne and me. I've previously written that ‘Where I live it’s so quiet that when birds fly over, you can hear their wings flap. I love the silence here. It lets me think. Concentrate. Ponder. Reflect. No noise to distract and irritate me’. Well, folks, not since Friday. It’s been full on here. No. More than full on. Go go go the whole time. Noise. Mess. Laughing. Crying. Drawing. Games. Cooking. Eating. DVDs. Singing. And more. If not true chaos then close to it. But I wouldn’t change a thing. Wouldn’t have it any other way. The exuberance of our granddaughters is a joy to behold. And what’s more, I get kisses and hugs and high-fives. Too many to count. Each day, come early evening, every one of us seven is zombified. Tired beyond tired. Like I am now. So, chaos or no chaos, I’m off to bed. Sweet dreams, all.

1 comment:

Meg said...

You're a lucky, lucky man, FD. Wish we were there. xx