Here’s this week’s compendium. This week…
1. Google launched teachparentstech.org whose name says it all . It’s informative. And fun too.
4. Nutrition Diva expounded the benefits of nuts, and also peanuts (which, she said, are legumes and not nuts) . I love peanuts even more now.
5. the Australian Government announced subsidisation of nicotine patches to help smokers kick the addiction [5a]. Good move. The recently released 30th US Surgeon General’s report on smoking documents smoking’s continuing scourge [5b],
6. a treehugger item explained that if 66% of the UK’s shops closed their doors, carbon emission savings would equate to 1.1M fewer cars . I bet they don’t, but.
7. an MJA paper concluded sheepskins are an effective method of bedsore prevention . I wonder if this is the reason the sheepskin price has risen lately.
8. on a sadder note, the floods in south eastern Australia have drowned many southern hairy-nosed wombats in their burrows [8a]. What a tragedy. Southern hairy nosed wombats are a listed endangered species [8b].
Finally, I wish you, dear Farmdoc’s Blog readers, a wonderful week.