Here’s this week’s compendium. This week…
1. in fact yesterday, the ground-breaking ceremony occurred for Hepburn Wind’s two community-owned wind turbines . Good on you, Hepburn Wind.
2. a survey of 235,000 US adults revealed that nearly 10% were depressed. Risk factors were living in the south-east, female, middle-age, black or Hispanic, and no health insurance. Ho hum.
3. there was media coverage about the benefits of resuscitation by Continuous Chest Compression [CCC] compared with Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation [CPR] [3a, 3b, 3c]. It avoids the yucky mouth-to-mouth stuff, too.
4. planetgreen reviewed a book titled Holy Sh*t: Managing Manure to Save Mankind . This is a massive problem. If the solution’s unpalatable, so what.
5. Nutrition Diva listed the ways sugar’s bad for us . Food for thought, eh.
6. the Annals of Internal Medicine reported that getting sufficient sleep may play an important role in weight loss . Interesting.
Finally, I wish you, dear Farmdoc’s Blog readers, a wonderful week.