Here’s this week’s compendium. This week…
1. our old friend the offensive misogynistic has-been ex-footballer [1a, 1b] was in the news again [1c]. As was a current footballer [1d] and swimmer [1e]. What is it with these sportspeople? (Don’t answer that – it’s a rhetorical question.)
2. an Aussie consumer advocate called for a host of green-car incentives . Don’t hold your breath, mate.
3. treehugger.com wrote of the Eco Urinal which saves water by using handwash water to flush the urine . Clever, eh.
4. demonstrators threw shoes and eggs during Tony Blair’s book signing in Dublin . Have these people no respect for free speech? (Don’t answer that – it’s a rhetorical question.)
5. National Seniors Australia revealed that 56% of Australians aged 65+ have never used the internet . It adds that internet use would improve their mental health.
6. a small study foiund that metformin, a medication heretofore used in type 2 diabetes, helps prevent cancers including lung, colon, prostate and breast . Then people live longer and get Alzheimer’s.
8. salon.com published a long piece arguing in favour of hyperlinks and against ‘delinkification’ . What the hell. Don’t like links, then don’t click on them.
Finally, I wish you, dear Farmdoc’s Blog readers, a wonderful week.