Here’s this week’s compendium. This week…
1. Nutrition Diva reminded us chocolate’s good for us due to the flavanol content as well as the cacao percentage . And cocoa beans from different countries have vastly different flavanol content.
2. Drew Ward, CEO of the Australian Grand Prix Corporation, resigned. He said he’d achieved his objective of taking the event from a car race to a major entertainment event. And he denied being pushed out . He didn’t because it isn’t. And he was.
3. a treehugger item showed off beautiful and cosy slippers made from recycled sweaters and leather jackets . What about it, Foxs Lane?
5. gizmodo convincingly and colourfully demonstrated that iPhone users have more sex . Sweetheart Vivienne is an iPhone user. Ho hum.
6. the Annals of Internal Medicine published research showing high blood lipid levels in early adulthood are associated with increased coronary calcium 20 years later . It’s never too soon to start healthy behaviours.
7. an Archives of Neurology study showed high accuracy diagnosing Alzheimer disease – based on protein patterns in the cerebrospinal fluid . I don’t know if early diagnosis is worthwhile if there’s no effective treatment?
8. the WHO decreed that the H1N1 flu pandemic’s officially over . And what a beat-up it was, too.
Finally, I wish you, dear Farmdoc’s Blog readers, a wonderful week.