Here’s this week’s compendium. This week…
1. Nutrition Diva wrote that mineral water’s good for you . Next time I go to Daylesford I’ll take my cup.
2. speaking of water, treehugger wrote cash-strapped US cities are slashing spending on bottled water . They say it’s for fiscal and environmental reasons. I don’t care what they say – but I care what they do.
3. JAMA published a paper concluding that for chronic low back pain and lumbar spine arthritis, oral glucosamine’s no better than placebo . But i’s good for knee arthritis.
4. planetgreen published the results of a global survey on child development and play. 90% of children said they’d rather play with parents and friends than watch TV or use the internet.  Ho hum.
5. the journal Neurology published a 17-year study revealing older people with depression have a 50% increased risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s . Interesting.
6. young round-the-world sailor Jessica Watson announced the imminent release of a CD of 20 songs that she listened to during her voyage [6a]. I’ll bet none are those in my musical blog post tribute to her [6b].
7. treehugger published a piece about a Cannondale bike that doubles as a shopping trolley . How beautiful.
8. as I wrote two days ago, Artist as Family’s food forest’s really took shape . Over 100 people have said they’re attending the Plant-in Day today. Wow! Go, team!
Finally, I wish you, dear Farmdoc’s Blog readers, a wonderful week.