Wednesday, November 4, 2009

farmdoc's blog post number 563

Sometimes after darling Indigo and I chat on the phone, I want to talk with her mother, and so I ask to please speak with ‘my little girl’. Indigo thinks it’s really funny that her Mum, who’s a grown-up, can still be called a little girl. I still mean every word of this post I wrote about darling Kate exactly one year ago today. I think that because birthdays are a year apart, they’re a convenient time for periodically taking stock of your life. Far be it from me to evaluate Kate’s life. That’s her job. But I feel entitled to talk about Kate from my viewpoint. And I reckon the last 12 months have seen her blossom – as I wrote here. There’s been the prestigious Vogue Produce Awards, her wondrous two blogs, her superb photographs, her creative and exquisite craft, and her mouth-watering cooking and baking. Come to think of it, the blogs illustrate it all – figuratively and literally. She’s a blogger extraordinaire. How she has the energy for all this while getting little sleep, is beyond me. I’m in awe of her: She’s an attentive and adoring wife and mother. She’s a loyal and caring friend. She’s a beautiful person. And, not least, she’s my little girl. Happy birthday to you, darling Kate.

5 comments:

Cathie said...

what a beautiful post!
even though I have only 'met' Kate through the blogosphere, I can genuinely see what a lovely person she really is and look forward to meeting her sometime soon.
Happy Birthday to your 'little girl'!

Karen said...

I'm another who has only recently 'met' Kate through her blog, but all that you have said comes through in how she writes about her family and her life.
Your post brought tears to my eyes - what lovely things for a Dad to say.

emily b-sides said...

Funny to hear you talk about all the wonderful things about Kate. You're essentially boasting about something you helped create.

Lucky you have me here vouching for the objective verity of this post!

I agree with your every word, Pop.

(Oh apart from Kate being my little girl).

xo

Anonymous said...

this is so lovely and yes I agree kate is amazing and an inspiration

Tanya said...

Aren't you are lovely dad then? So good to share your thoughts and feelings for your daughter with her rather than keeping then to yourself. I think she'd say nice things about you too!