Wednesday, October 7, 2009

farmdoc's blog post number 535

I have a younger sister. And no brothers. So I’ve no idea what it’s like to have an older sibling. But I imagine it’s difficult. Because the trail’s blazed by the older sib. The younger one can but follow. And try to emerge from the older one’s shadow. Preferably as often as possible. And for as long as possible. But if you’re not the oldest or the youngest? Your trouble’s multiplied. You cop it from above and below. You’re the meat in the sandwich. I’m certain darling Meg and darling Emily could tell you how it feels. Now our daughters no longer live together, perhaps it’s easier to live as individuals unencumbered by sibling line rank. From my viewpoint it looks like it is. But I’m not them. So I really don’t know. Thus to darling Kate’s three daughters. Darling Indigo leads the way. Beautifully and amazingly. First sibling to do this. And that. Then there’s darling Pepper. She’s at that endearing toddler stage. Cute. Very cute. So it’s not easy for darling Jarrah. Who’s every bit as deserving as her two sisters. Accordingly, when something fantastic happens in her life it must be celebrated with extra joy and gusto. Like last evening when she proudly told me she has a loose tooth. Her first. Which one? See the photograph. Will it come out before, on, or after her birthday next Friday? Who knows? Who cares? I adore her however many teeth she has.

No comments: