Sunday, August 23, 2009

farmdoc's blog post number 490

Farmdoc’s Blog is part of the blogosphere. But I don’t feel part of it. I don’t want to. And I don’t have time to. So I hardly read blogs of anyone I’m not related to. But one I’ve taken to looking at from time to time is The Elder of Ziyon. I suppose its name derives from the notorious anti-semitic document The Protocols of the Elders of Zion. Perversely, because the document’s a hoax and a forgery; and despite the loony conspiracists, there’s never been a secret group of Jews known as the Elders of Zion. I don’t know the provenance of The Elder of Ziyon blog. But its writer clearly demonstrates a goodly degree of knowledge and authority. I find its content interesting. Mostly it’s material I haven’t come across elsewhere. And its tone also appeals to me: the facts and sources are documented, and the text is mostly left to speak for itself. Loudly. Comment by EoZ is invariably a mixture of irony and wit – which sets it off like a twist of lemon does to a gin and tonic. Here is an example. In this internet age, all sorts of campaigns and conflicts are waged in the ether as well as tangibly. In relation to the conflict between Israel and her enemies, The Elder of Ziyon is doing an important job. May it continue to prosper.

No comments: