Sunday, April 5, 2009

farmdoc's blog post number 350

Yesterday I mentioned a quote jointly attributed to RFK and GBS. Today GBS is at it again – this time bracketed with Winston Churchill, who have both been credited with the same exchange: “Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?” “My goodness…Well, I suppose…we would have to discuss terms, of course” “Would you sleep with me for five pounds?” “What kind of woman do you think I am?” “Madam, we’ve already established that. Now we are haggling about the price.” Actress Kerry Armstrong (pictured) must now regret her participation in Coca Cola’s ‘motherhood and myth-busting’ advertisements which were self-evidently misleading due to blatant factual errors. The ACCC, to its credit, has forced Coca Cola to publish a corrective advertisement. Regarding her involvement, Ms Armstrong said that ‘…there were things that happened that were out of my control…’. Not nearly a good enough explanation, Ms Armstrong. Even the proverbial drover’s dog would know Coca-Cola makes children fat, rots their teeth and is packed with large amounts of caffeine. We’ve now established what kind of woman you are, Ms Armstrong. And we know your price (an estimated A$70,000).

1 comment:

Meg said...

What a strong post, FD! Fantastic!