Monday, March 30, 2009

farmdoc's blog post number 344

Highlights of my time in Victoria 21-29 March: Over a full week with Sweetheart Vivienne (lucky me). Brunch with Peter and Vonne. Afternoon tea with Jo and Jim. Darling Emily’s birthday dinner (delicious Greek food). Taking darling Indigo and Jarrah to and from school (several times). Beating darling Indigo at Snakes & Ladders (several times). Darling Jarrah’s virtuoso trapeze skills. Darling Pepper revelling in her newly acquired walking prowess. Darling Zephyr’s joy when I presented him with a genuine firefighter’s helmet. Darling Meg’s mouthwatering banana cake. Feeding darling Pepper coffee froth (several times). Cooking chips that wouldn’t cook. Cooking pizza that would (and did). Darling Kate’s superb salads, and amazing apple and rhubarb pie. Darling Indigo’s reading and writing. Darling Brendon’s barista-standard coffee (several cups). Writers Group with darling Meg at Cliffy’s. Patching up some broken fencing and mattocking out some gorse patches. Helping darling Brendon at the Abbotsford Convent Slow Food Farmers’ Market. Saturday arvo with Sue and Jeffrey. And calm voyages there and back on the Spirit of Tasmania. What a time I had. Thanks, everyone.

2 comments:

farmdoc said...

In response to this post, darling Indigo wrote to me as follows:

Dear Ra,
I was going to wish you a great week too except you lied on your blog because I beat you twice fair and square. I do wish you were here to take me to school this morning tho.
Love Indi
XX

Well what can I say? I'm used to my wife and daughters criticising me. But a granddaughter!!

But, yes, she did beat me twice, fair and square.

Meg said...

Looking fwd to your next visit. xx