Saturday, March 21, 2009

farmdoc's blog post number 335

Looking down this list of films directed by the 72-year-old Englishman Ken Loach (pictured), I can’t say I’ve seen many. But I can say I won’t knowingly see any more. At least until Loach stops his gratuitous, misinformed and inflammatory anti-Israel rantings. Last week he said in relation to anti-semitism: ‘If there has been a rise I am not surprised. In fact, it is perfectly understandable because Israel feeds feelings of anti-Semitism.’ And about Operation Cast Lead in Gaza: ‘When history comes to be written, I think this will be seen as one of the great crimes of the past decades because of the cold blooded massacre that we witnessed’. In 2006 Loach called for a boycott of state-sponsored Israeli cultural institutions in protest against Israel’s actions in Lebanon; and he refused an invitation to the Haifa Film Festival. This pathetic bleeding heart lefty should thank his lucky stars he lives in the UK where he has the right of free speech and the right to express his sexual preference, because should he live in a totalitarian Islamic county both those rights will be denied him, and may well cost him his life. He would do well to read this speech by Rupert Murdoch. But I reckon his mind is as closed as it is narrow. And what is Gilad Shalit thinking today, this 1000th day of his captivity in contravention of international law? I don’t know, but I am thinking of him.

No comments: