Tuesday, February 3, 2009

farmdoc's blog post number 289

As darling Emily’s dad, I’m so very proud of her. Last Sunday she aced Melbourne’s St Jerome’s Laneway Festival. Adjunctively, in darling Meg’s Laneways blog post last Saturday she wrote about bicycle lanes. I’m not one who ignores great ideas, so here are some other lanes: Penny Lane – is in my ears and in my eyes. Lois LaneTeri Hatcher’s my favourite one. Tim Lane – living proof that an intelligent football commentator isn’t an oxymoron. Don Lane – an America fellow tribe member who made good on early Australian TV. Petticoat Lane – a famous London street market. Lovers’ Lane – my main issue is whether it has an apostrophe, and if so where it goes. Fast lane – not where I live my life, I’m glad to say. Manchester Lane – darling Emily’s performed there too. Park Lane – at £350 the second most expensive property on the Monopoly board. Pit lane – motor racing's the pits. Slow lane – because I’m a hypermiler, it’s where I mostly drive. Express Lane – my favourite supermarket place. Brick Lane – a 2007 film. Memory lane – the older I get, the more memories I have, so the more time I spend here. Piers Lane – the renowned Australian pianist. Frankie Laine – sorry about the spelling, but the music’s real fine. Cleo Laine – ditto. (P.S. Apropos of not much, St Jerome’s the patron saint of librarians.)

1 comment:

emily b-sides said...

I look forward to the blog entry on (Fitzroy) alleys FD! xx