Wednesday, July 23, 2008

farmdoc's blog post number 94

Kitty Kallen. Heard of her? She was a one-hit wonder in 1954 for Little Things Mean A Lot. They can. And today’s post is about two of mine: In March this year I bought an annual pass allowing unlimited access to Launceston Airport’s carpark. I now park in the carpark to meet incoming travellers and farewell departing ones (I was too parsimonious to do it before my annual pass) and it reduces the paperwork for my work-related interstate travel. The second little thing is a tablet cutter (pictured). For many years I have taken half an aspirin tablet each morning, and until two months ago I would break each tablet using my fingers, or my teeth. But mostly I didn’t divide each tablet into two equal pieces; or worse, it would shatter. The cutter works perfectly each time, and now I look forward to – rather than dread – cutting the tablets. I wonder why I didn’t get the carpark pass and the tablet cutter before this. Ignoring the bus stop principle is not clever. Better late than never, though. Writing of little things reminds me of another song: From Little Things Big Things Grow. Okay, Paul and Kev, but sometimes little things need to stay little. Big things always mean a lot; but when little things mean a lot they attain special significance.

No comments: