Sunday, May 4, 2008

farmdoc's blog post number 14

When my first cousin Phillip and I were kids, we had a ritual: One of us would ask: ‘Where does the sun go at night?’, and the other would retort: ‘It doesn’t go anywhere, just out of sight’. That’s obvious. But have you ever asked yourself why some emails arrive seconds after being sent, and others take hours and sometimes days to come. And where those delayed ones are in the meantime? Or where money that leaves your bank account one day and reaches your payee’s account the next day, sleeps overnight? And who gets the interest on it when it’s snoring? Well I ask myself, and I don’t know the answers. You’d think that the older you get, the more you’d know. But it seems that the older I get, the less I know. Or maybe the older I get, the more I don’t know. I can live with that. I don’t need to know everything. And even if I wanted to, I can’t know everything. No-one can. But that doesn’t stop some people thinking and acting as if they know it all. They have an opinion on everything. And I find that the more people think they know, the less they actually do know. Anyway, enough. It’s night, and I’m going outside to see where the sun’s gone.

No comments: